Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dragon*Con Wrap-Up

I know, it has already been a good month since Dragon*Con ended. I am still experiencing post-con depression! Or maybe that's other things, but at any rate, I had a fabulous time at Dragon*Con 2011! I admit, a few things didn't go exactly smooth, and I will work hard to change those around so everything will run as smooth as possible next year! Or at least, next time I go. Although I would love to be able to go next year, and am still hoping against everything, things just aren't looking that great for me to be able to go. It's kind of a huge let down, as Dragon*Con weekend is the one I look forward to the most all year.

As for the awesome, fun time I had; it was fantastic to be able to see my friends. Just...amazing. If you're reading this, I miss you a lot all year, then to getting to see you all in that weekend is one of the big things that really makes me look forward to Dragon*Con all year! I saw so many amazing costumes this year, I just didn't have time to get pictures of them all! (For...other...reasons, but that's one of the things I hope to change next time I go...) I also did not really get to use my video camera. In fact, not at all. I would like to make fun Dragon*Con video next time I go as well, I just don't have enough hands for still pictures and my video camera! :) At least I will take short videos here and there and combine them all together. Another thing I need to change...I *need* to find a good spot to watch the parade. As much as I'd love to be in it, I don't know if that will ever happen. I think I would have just as much fun watching the parade as I would being in it though. Here's a link to all of my Dragon*Con 2011 pictures.

So I suppose for the upcoming years, here is my list of costumes I am working on, and would like to be making in the future. The asterisk next to the name means I already have some work done on it, so it's currently in process. If I don't get to go to Dragon*Con next year, at least I can wear a few to our local (and growing bigger every year!) anime convention, Senshicon!:
* Babydoll - Sucker Punch (finishing all the details for Halloween)
* Yoko (Timeskip) - Gurren Lagann
* Vaultsuit Vault 11 - Fallout: New Vegas
* Jill Valentine (Battlesuit) - Resident Evil 5
Claire Redfield - Resident Evil 2
Rainbow Dash - MLP - Friendship is Magic (No judging ;-) haha)
Anya Stroud - Gears of War 3
Natalie(Envy Adams) - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Sonya Blade - Mortal Kombat

*possibly*

Panty (Angel) - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

That last one has possibly the most ridiculous title of anything I have ever seen.

Another thing that I have found online recently was this extremely cute video by Cosplay Fever:

I would just love to be able to make something like that someday with some buddies. :) It is so cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment